Career Services Ambassadors
Career Services Ambassadors are volunteers who help at career events and in our centre. The primary role of the Career Services Ambassador is to welcome recruiters to campus – to show our visitors the spirit of Queen’s University.
Benefits to You
Volunteering as a Career Services Ambassador provides an opportunity for you to enhance your skills while at the same time meeting recruiters from around the globe.
- Enhance your communication, teambuilding and networking skills
- Be the first point of contact for employers visiting campus
- Acquire knowledge of career opportunities
- A free t-shirt!
We will be available to answer questions about the Career Services Ambassador program at these locations and dates:
- Sidewalk Sale and Tricolor event
- Feel free to contact Barbara at email@example.com with any questions.
Ambassadors usually sign up for shifts of 1 ½ to 3 hours. We’re looking for volunteers for daytime and
Ambassadors are part of the Career Services team through participation at events such as:
- Career Fair (September)
- Fall Engineering & Technology Fair (October)
- It All Adds Up campaign (November)
- Summer Opportunities Fair (January)
- Winter Engineering & Technology Fair (January)
- Majors Night for Arts & Science (March)
Ambassadors form an integral part of the events promotions team and participate in activities such as:
- Event Set-up - Assist with preparation prior to start of event including tables, signage, etc.
- Employer Mix & Mingle - Assist employers upon arrival and interact with employers throughout the event
- Promotions Team – staffing booths or being part of our street team to invite and encourage students to visit Career Services events and programs
- Other special projects related to promotions
Contact Barbara at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
"The Career Services Ambassador (CSA) program gave me the opportunity to interact with potential employers in a low stress environment. I felt more comfortable talking to company representatives because I was there primarily for their benefit. The CSA program is a fantastic way to further your own career while improving employer relations with Queen’s at the same time. In fact, my first interaction with my current employer was at the Queen’s Career Fair as a CSA." - Queen’s student, 2011
"My time at Career Services as an Ambassador was everything I hoped it would be and more. Not only did I get to enhance my communication skills through volunteering with the street team, I also learned a lot more about my potential career field while helping out at the events over both Fall and Winter semesters. Rarely do we get the chance to interact with employers in such a setting (where you're welcoming and helping them instead of the other way around), so I strongly encourage you to take this unique and valuable opportunity to contribute, learn, and meet some amazing people along the way." - Queen's student, 2014
For information about the program, please feel free to contact Barbara at email@example.com or 613-533-2992 for more information.