Resumes and Cover Letters
When getting ready to make connection with opportunities, one of your first stops might be resumes, CVs and cover letters. Whether you're building them for the first time or reviewing and revising existing documents, Career Services can help.
ONLINE MODULE: You might also want to check out Linkedin Learning (Queen's has a subscription that enables students to use this site free of charge) for their information about resumes and cover letters. For example, check out the module called: Targeting Your Resume.
There are many types of interviews you might encounter. They include:
- Interviews for jobs (e.g. part-time, summer, internship or after-graduation)
- Interviews for educational programs (e.g. medical school)
- Interviews for volunteer positions
- Interviews to find out about a particular field or role (e.g. information interviews)
- Interviews for academia (e.g. applying for a job as a professor)
Interviews are really conversations with people about topics of mutual interest. They might be in person, on the telephone or online.