Interviews are really conversations with people about topics of mutual interest. They might be in person, on the telephone or online.
There are many types of interviews you might encounter. They include:
- Interviews for jobs (e.g. part-time, summer, internship or after-graduation)
- Interviews for educational programs (e.g. medical school)
- Interviews for volunteer positions
- Interviews to find out about a particular field or role (e.g. information interviews)
- Interviews for academia (e.g. applying for a job as a professor)