Skip to main content
Career Support and Tips
Key Things to do in Your First Year
- Use these maps to get an overview of what each major offers to help you in making an informed decision when choosing your major.
- Speak with a career counsellor, no appointment needed!
- Discuss a variety of topics including choosing a major, job search strategies, how and where to get experience on campus; and much more!
- This is a series of self-directed resources designed to support you with your career goals.
- Whether you are looking to work on your resume/cover letter, prepare for an interview, learn about networking, or explore your career options, you will find resources to support you.
- Each module takes approximately 30-45 minutes to complete.
4. Create a Resume
- Attend a 50-minute Resume Fundamentals workshop to understand and use key strategies for building a resume that stands out.
- Book a 1-on-1 Cover Letter or Resume appointment to get individualized feedback.
- Book appointments and workshops on MyCareer.
- Learn about strategies to search for summer opportunities.
- See what programs are offered at Queen's for summer work.
- Check for updates about upcoming summer events.
- In February, speak directly with students in Arts & Science majors that you are considering.
- Learn about certificates, internships, plan selection and more in information sessions.