There are many types of interviews you might encounter. They include:
- Interviews for jobs (e.g. part-time, summer, internship or after-graduation)
- Interviews for educational programs (e.g. medical school)
- Interviews for volunteer positions
- Interviews to find out about a particular field or role (e.g. information interviews)
- Interviews for academia (e.g. applying for a job as a professor)
Interviews are really conversations with people about topics of mutual interest. They might be in person, on the telephone or online.