Job Search Support (for International Students)
Are you an International Student who is graduating and looking for a full-time job? Or searching for part-time or summer employment while you are studying?
We offer specific support for international students and offer a number of targeted services in partnership with the Queen's University International Centre (QUIC).
We are here to help you with any questions you might have, such as:
- How do I get started with the job search?
- Will I be able to get a job if I don’t have any Canadian work experience?
- Can I use my experience from abroad and will it be helpful in my job search?
- Can I get help with my resume, cover letter, or job interview preparation?
- How do I make the most of LinkedIn?
- How do I “network” if I don’t know anyone in my field?
- Will employers hire me if I am not a Canadian Citizen or have PR status?
Our Job Search Advisor supports International Students with their job search in workshops, 1:1 appointments and drop-in advising.
Got Career Questions? We can help.
See the information below for specific workshop topics, dates, and times. Register ahead of time in MyCareer: https://careers.sso.queensu.ca/ and have a look at the Job Search.
Advising website at QUIC for additional information and resources: https://quic.queensu.ca/job-search-advising-for-international-students/
Mondays 9:00am - 11:00am and Tuesdays 4:00pm - 6:00pm
Check out all QUIC Events here: https://quic.queensu.ca/events/
Can be booked through MyCareer, just select
“Job Search Advising for International Students” as the appointment type.
Upcoming workshops (can be booked through MyCareer):
September 15th, (2-4 pm) – Finding a Part-time Job for International Students
September 29th, (2-4 pm) – Resumes and Cover Letters for International Students
October 13th, (2-4 pm) – Effective Interview Preparation for International Students
October 27th, (2-4 pm) – Networking for Beginners – How to Get Started
Additional workshops coming soon