Information sessions are a great way for employers to connect with talented Queen’s students, promote their brand across campus, and meet their recruitment needs. These sessions are a means of networking with industry-interested students and presenting your company, culture and job opportunities. Career Services makes the process simple by handling all logistical components including:
- Strategizing with your company to develop the most effective information session for your needs (i.e. Presentation, Informal Networking Event, Panel Discussion, Q&A, etc.)
- Promoting the event to your target audience
- Tracking student audience through an online RSVP system
- Providing a host on the day of the event to ensure optimal event delivery
The costs associated with holding an information session can be found below:
- Information session fee - Queen's hosted event: $150 (using Zoom or other event platforms)
- An administrative fee for promoting externally hosted information sessions $50.
Information sessions are available Monday-Thursday with start times of 5:30 or 6:30 p.m. Sessions typically last one-hour but can be altered depending on your needs.
The Events and Employer Development Coordinator will work with you to determine the best time of year to reach your target audience. Below is an general outline of when information sessions see the best success.
Peak attendance: September, October, and January
Low attendance: Early November, February, and early March
Note: Sessions are not typically scheduled in late November, December, late March, April, or during the summer months.
Career Services will determine the best strategy for reaching your target audiences. All information sessions are posted on our MyCareer event calendar and in our weekly bulletin. Posters may be placed around campus in strategic buildings/locations to attract students. Career Services will also e-mail departments and student groups with event information. Where appropriate, the event will be posted on our social media accounts.
Employers are encouraged to promote their (virtual) visit to campus through channels such as your recruitment website, LinkedIn, Alumni networks, and social media. Jobs posted to our MyCareer job portal can also be linked to your upcoming information session.
Career Services would be pleased to assist you with specific disability accommodations or alternate formats needed to facilitate your participation. Please contact us at 613-533-2992.