MyCareer is Queen’s University’s one-stop career portal where students and recent alumni of all years, programs and disciplines can search all information career related. Included is a Job Board that offers employers FREE job postings.
Due to the volume of postings we receive, the board is self-serve where you can quickly create new job postings once you create an account. Creating a MyCareer account provides employers with tools to enhance their Queen’s recruiting process including:
- Tracking how many times your job has been viewed
- Tracking how many views are unique
- Tracking the number of received applications
- Editing postings
- Re-posting past postings
- Upgrading your posting to be a Featured Posting
- Once a job expires, applications are bundled and sent to employers (if employers chose to have students apply through MyCareer)
- Reminders of job expiry dates
- Scheduling interviews with applicants
- Provide student contact information
Below are tips to get your job noticed and increase the number of applications received:
- Include as much detail as possible in your job description.
- Talk about your company! What do you do? What is different about your organization?
- What type of candidate are you looking for? Use descriptive words that students can identify with.
- How does this role fit into your organization? Do you have a team this individual will be a part of? What are they working towards?
- What are the responsibilities associated with this position? Provide as many as possible!
- What are the qualifications? Do not overload on technical skills. REMEMBER: Students are new to the job market but are very willing to learn!
- Be active on campus. Connect with students at our Fairs or design a Recruitment Event.
- Advertise with us year-round.
- Consider purchasing a Featured Posting for $75 to increase your reach
If you are new to the MyCareer job board, please take a moment to review our Employer Terms & Conditions. Account applications or job posting submissions which do not adhere to these conditions may be declined.
- Register for a new account in MyCareer by completing this form. Your application will be reviewed by Career Services staff within 2 business days.
- Log in to MyCareer and follow these instructions (PDF, 113KB) to submit a job posting. Each posting is reviewed by our staff, and provided there are no issues, approved within 2 business days. An email confirmation will be sent containing the site address to view your posting.
Featured Postings are an excellent way of increasing traffic to your job posting. This paid service puts your job posting on the landing page that students see when they click on 'Search Job Postings' in the MyCareer portal. Featured Postings are available for $75/posting and remain featured until the job application deadline.
To create a Featured Posting, create a job post as usual. Once you submit your posting, you will be directed to a checkout screen where you will have the option to "Feature" your posting.
The Faculty of Education has a Career Services Centre designed specifically for their students. If would like to target teacher candidates from Queen's Faculty of Education, please email your job opportunity. For more information, please visit their webpage.
Contact Us: As always, the health and safety of Queen's student staff and volunteers is paramount. Where possible, remote opportunities (rather than in-person) are preferred. Extra consideration is required by departments to ensure all student staff and volunteers feel safe at work or at their volunteer opportunity during this period of COVID-19. Departments must apply the same considerations to student staff and volunteer health and safety as you would to other staff. COVID-19 related information and resources are available on the university’s COVID Information webpage and the COVID-19 Campus Operation Group webpage. If you have any questions about health and safety for student staff and volunteers, please contact the Department of Environmental Health & Safety at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 32999.