Hiring a Student: Frequently Asked Questions
Who can I hire through Career Services?
I want to hire an intern.
- QUIP - Queen’s Undergraduate Internship Program. Hire undergraduate Queen's students to spend 12-16 months in paid full-time internships with your organization.
- M.Eng Internship Program. Hire a Masters of Engineering student for a 4-month paid internship.
I want to hire a current student or new graduate.
- Whether you're hiring for part-time roles, summer jobs, or full-time opportunities for new graduates, our suite of services can support you in reaching the students you need.
I want to hire a business student or MBA graduate.
- If you would like to specifically target business students from the Smith School of Business, we ask that you work with the Business Career Centre. Please visit https://smith.queensu.ca/recruiting/ or contact Andrea Cuthbert email@example.com.
- To post a job for business students only, please visit https://mba-business-queens.12twenty.com/hire.
I want to hire a teacher candidate.
I want to hire a Queen's alumnus.
- The MyCareer job board is open to alumni in perpetuity after graduation.
I am a Queen's faculty/staff member in need of a student.
- If you are interested in hiring a student through the Summer Work Experience Program (SWEP) or Work Study Program, please visit our Faculty & Staff section.
My organization needs volunteers.
- The MyCareer job board also accepts volunteer postings.
Are there any programs in place to provide financial support to employers?
Yes. Please visit our hiring incentives page to learn more.
How can I determine what to pay?
Please refer to our salary surveys page for some useful external sources.
What regulations should I be aware of?
Or phone Career Services at 613-533-2992