Lots of work (as much as 80%) isn't advertised. Why aren’t all jobs advertised and why are so many hidden? There are lots of reasons.
- employers are too busy or don’t have the resources to advertise
- employers don’t have time to sift through the hundreds of applications they would get if they advertised
- employers aren’t sure where to post jobs
- employers don’t know they need you yet
- you’re looking in places where employers aren’t present
- you’re disconnected from people to talk with about work opportunities
- you’re not sure of what you’re looking for