5 Things to do in 1st Year
- What should I major in?
- What kind of future will I have?
- How do I gain the right experience?
1. Check out the Major Maps
- Use these maps to get an overview of what each major offers to help you in making an informed decision when choosing your major.
2. Come to Drop-In Career Advising
- Speak with a career counsellor, no appointment needed!
- Discuss a variety of topics including choosing a major, job search strategies, how and where to get experience on campus; and much more!
3. Create a Resume
- Attend a 50-minute “Ramp Up Your Resume” workshop to understand and use key strategies for building a resume that stands out.
- Book a 1-on-1 “Cover Letter or Resume Appointment” to get individualized feedback.
- Book appointments and workshops on "MyCareer"
4. Visit the Summer Jobs Webpage
- Learn about strategies to search for summer opportunities.
- See what programs are offered at Queen's for summer work.
- Check for updates about upcoming summer events.
5. Attend Arts & Science Majors Night
- In February, speak directly with students in Arts & Science majors that you are considering.
- Learn about certificates, internships, plan selection and more in information sessions.