An internship is a bridge between education and employment. Essentially it’s work—paid or unpaid—with a recognized learning component.
Career Services coordinates an internship program for undergraduate students looking to gain professional work experience:
Looking for more internships? Here's a start:
- Canadian Careers.com - list of internships
- Career Edge
- Global Affairs Canada
- Ontario Internship Program
- Young Canada Works (YCW)
- YouthPath Canada
- US National Internship Directory
Internships at a Glance
- Internships might be paid or unpaid.
- Be careful about using the term "internship" when you really mean "job" because many organizations hire but don't have a formal internship program.